Saturday, March 14, 2009

Illicit The Movie

I have and still continue to engage in illicit activities every day. I am still a constant music downloader and, most likely, always will be. I have also been given one or two counterfeit bags that actually came from Hong Kong. After watching the video I do not feel so inclined to engage in such illicit activities. Though I will continue to download music, I will definitely not be owning or purchasing any counterfeit merchandise no matter how good of a fake it may be. Not only is it a disgrace to the entire fashion world to own such merchandise but I also learned about what it really does under the surface. The most disturbing part about the video for me, perhaps, was the modern day slavery. I honestly had no clue that such activity occurred today. After this video, I will forever look down on people that buy, create or sell counterfeit goods and will support them no longer. Especially in a large city like Las Vegas, you see this every day. Fake handbags, clothing, medicine is everywhere. It is no longer cool to me that I could get an exact Gucci replica purse for so much cheaper than it is actually sold. The reality is that counterfeit merchandise hurts not only the world’s economy but the world’s people as well.

No comments: